After School Clubs From Hex & Company
Our kids’ programs focus on instruction, developing strategies for game play and having fun! Kids learn how to think ‘moves ahead,’ anticipating an opponent’s reaction and developing good sportsmanship. We now offer programming at The Uncommons located at 230 Thompson Street.
- After School Clubs are fun-filled and educational clubs that explore strategic thinking using board and card games. ASC are designed to encourage and allow beginner through experienced players.
- We arrange groups and games by age, category, skill and/or subject. Class descriptions are below.
- We spend one week playing a new game, which involves instruction and strategies for game play. The second week is designed to allow participants to have a more in-depth experience by revisiting and reviewing the games, and exploring various strategies and novel problem solving skills. We then move on to a new set of games, in another two week series, through to the end of the session.
- For more information, including background details on the neuro-developmental research that led to the creation of the program, you can read About Our Programs.
- Pick up (Zone A) = $70.00/session
- Pick up (Zone A) = $5.00/class
- Pick up (Zone B) = $100.00/Session
- Pick up (Zone B) = $10/class
6PM LATE PICKUP: Full Session $7.00 a session (amount varies based on number of sessions). Individually selected late pickup (selected by contacting Hex & Co directly) costs $10.00/day.
There will be NO After School Clubs on public school holidays.
Camps are generally available though (via separate registration).
RESCHEDULING and MAKEUP POLICY:
We know that schedules change, and we are happy to make registration changes with 7 days advance notice, if availability allows.
Registration Changes: If you need to change the class or day that you registered for, we allow a schedule change, space permitting, with 7 days advance notice. Please call us: 212-439-1008 – we are happy to take a look and make a switch if it is available!
If your child will be absent for after school, two Walk In Play credits for future use at Hex & Company (1462 First Avenue) will be issued if we receive notice by noon on the same day. You must call 212-439-1008 to notify us about an absence in order to receive the Walk In Play credits.
Any other credits or refunds are issued at management’s discretion. Any credits expire at the end of the trimester (the last day of the session).
Hex & Company reserves the right to amend clubs based on the number of attendees. If too few people are signed up for a game club, we might move participants into another age (and/or interest) appropriate club to facilitate a more rewarding experience.
If you are running late to pick up your child, please call us asap to let us know so we can arrange an extended day option. We offer a 10 minute grace period at pick up, and beyond that a late pick up fee will be charged.